Saturday, August 9, 2008

IUI# 3

Okay decided to give it another go....
Started Clomid (50mg) days 2 through 9. Went in for day 13 ultrasound (08-0708) and things looked okay (and mean okay).... I had three follies one left 20 mm, two right, 16 mm and 14 mm.....my lining was not as thick as it's been the past only at 9.5. So Dr. L put me on Estrogen for two days (one pill .626 mg twice a day)...Got the HCG shot 08-08-08 at 10 am...about 22 hrs later we did insemination #1 today (08-09-08). I was hoping that we'd inseminate on 08-08-08 (I need all the luck I can get). This one was the most uncomfortable so far....the pinching, clamping and poking sucked.....this month's bbt's have sucked just as bad...I'm been in the low 97's all week. Today was day 15 and my BBT this morning was 97.00. Not not mention, my CM was less this month....I finally noticed CM last night about 9 hrs after the HCG shot....(is that b/c of the shot?). Dr L said this morning that my CM looked fine...After she was done she left Norm and I in the office by ourselves....(She was on-call today and had to run back over to the hospital side to check on a patient)..it was pretty cool being in the office all alone...I joked w/N and asked if she wanted be my DR. ........(nothing happened but we had a good giggle about it)....


We will do our 2nd insemination tomorrow at 8:30......I'm excited...Dr L said that we may be having our procedure about the same time as another "girl couple"...so i guess pretending N's a DR is out the question for tomorrow (hee hee)......Once that's complete, I'll start the Progesterone (200 mg) that evening.

I mentioned to Dr L. that I'm worried about my ovulation. I've been using the OPK sticks a while now and have noticed a pattern.... I never really a have a strong LH surge. My ultrasounds have always shown good uterine lining and follies. But when exactly I ovulate has always been a mystery. I read how some women feel the ovulation. ...I've had pain in my ovaries usually a day after the HCG trigger.....this is ovulation pain? So I guess as long as I kept getting the trigger shot I should be okay? Dr. L is going to test my progesterone on CD 21 to check levels.

This is probably a good time to mention that Dr. L is my OB/GYN. (And I love her to death...she is so great and encouraging. She's always open to any questions/concerns I have..I'm so lucky to have her). But I'm not seeing a RE...we opted to go w/Dr. L b/c my primary care DR referred me to her...My primary care Dr had explained that Dr.L worked w/many same sex couples... N and I thought that seeing a RE would be too expensive, but as time goes by...I'm beginning to feel that maybe we should have found a RE before all this began.....I hate getting odd looks from the guys at TCRA when they ask so who's your Dr?....When I reply "Dr. L" I get the strange blank response of "Who's that?"......it makes me feel so stupid...like I don't know what I'm doing.......
.....the truth is I do feel like I don't know what I'm doing.....

Before we started TTC I read/heard stories about women who try try try and never get pregnant....and in the back of my mind i thought.."that's not me....I'll be okay."
Now IUI #3 ....I realize I'm not as exceptional as I thought.....
I wish I had loads of extra money lying around and didn't have to worry about how we going to pay for the next time...but i do...even now....I'm thinking "What about next month?"

This cycle is costing us a total of $1800.00 (not including medications).....I can't imagine how some couples pay this much and more every month.

one day at a time......one day at a time

No comments: