Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blood work#1


Went in Monday late afternoon to have my first blood work drawn. I left the office at 4:00 thinking I had til 5:00 to get there..(plenty of time I thought)..WRONG..Monday was first day back to school. Lovely summer traffic gone..cars were bumper to bumper. I called the Dr's office to find out what time lab closed..."4:30" I heard. Talk about freaking out, I knew there was no way I would get there in time. I called Norm's cell and told her I was stuck in traffic. Norm asked,"How far away are you". I replied, "About 30 mint." I suggested we meet at the PHO restaurant to have an early dinner and then call it a day. Norm yelled, "No way get you *ss here now." So, I put the pedal to the metal and zig zagged my way through traffic. I drove into the driveway of my DR's office at 4:27 pm. Norm was waiting at the front entrance for me. I stopped the car, jumped out, left the car running and ran inside. She had agreed to park the car. My doc's office is on the fourth floor. Luckily when hit the up button on the elevator doors opened immediately. I got off the elevator and ran to the docs office. The office clock said 4:27 (luck was definitely on my side). The front desk clerk was on the phone and she saw me gasping for air, pointing to the clock, mouthing the words "LAB". She didn't acknowledge me at first, but I kept pointing to the clock. Thank God she put the caller on hold, and asked "name...date of birth..who do you see...OK YOU'RE IN." I ran through the office doors to the lab.

My hands were shaking when I filled out the Lab sign-in sheet. The Lab tech saw me flushed and said "Don't worry, we're gonna see you". I let out a sigh of relief, got my blood drawn, and was out of there by 4:45 pm.

Dr. L called my this afternoon for the result:

<My progesterone is 27 (she said the was almost excellent) she wants me to still continue taking the supplement until at least I get the 2nd blood work results.
My HCG was 227 (since I have no test to compare..not sure if that's good yet).

I'm going back on Thursday for more blood work. I should know by Friday. Keeping positive that things will be fine.

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Yesterday must have been a bad traffic day everywhere....I was an hour late to my insemination!