Sunday, August 10, 2008

And TWW #3 begins


Woke up early this morning traveled into town to get 2nd insem this cycle.
I felt NO discomfort today. Yipee!! Our donor's count was 45 million w/50% motility..is that good?

Afterward we picked up my prescription for progesterone and came home. N's family came over for breakfast. We cooked Barbacoa last night in the slow cooker. We had tacos (corn tortillas) w/fresh guacamole and pico de gallo. And fresh fruit (watermelon and pineapple). Yum! I've read some blogs that mention eating fresh pineapple after insemination. Even though I'm not sure exactly how this helps I'm giving it a try. Only thing..I don't like how my lips and gum sting afterward. (ouch!). Company was great and everyone left about 1:30 p.m.
We haven't told anyone that we tried AGAIN this month...I just don't want to have to explain anything to anyone if it doesn't work...again.

After everybody left, N and I began to read the paper and watched some the the Olympics until we both fell asleep on the couch.

Watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics was so stunning and breathtaking...N and I were like kids at the circus...we kept oohing and ahhing at the amazing choreography and the lighting effects (too cool!). The different sequences one after the other were so incredible and just as I'd say out loud "This is my favorite performance." The next would begin and it'd be even better..If I had to choose the 2008 drummers sequence were my favorite...but the acrobats walking on the sphere were out of this world :-)! NBC too many commercials .....N and I were tearing up when Yao Ming walked w/the nine year old little boy who survived his school collapse in the earthquake. When I saw the boy I thought he can't be nine years old, look how tiny he is....then I thought...Oh wait he's walking next to Yao Ming...okay a full grown man would like nine year old next to Yao.....he is so TALL!!!

When I talked to D at acupuncture yesterday I mentioned how I cried when I heard the story of the nine year old boy saving himself and his two of his classmates and doing it because he was a hall monitor....D just said, "Well you know it was probably a lie." Chinese communist propaganda. Okay D, I accept your viewpoint but I believe and call me nieve...whatever..but i believe it was the truth....I do believe miracles can happen and with enough determination that sweet child was able to help himself and others. God bless that babe.

Well, here we are Sunday afternoon...tired and not looking forward to the work week. Norm just yelled,"Want some burnt popcorn w/kosher pickles!" I love that woman......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just happened upon your blog via lesbianfamily.org and wanted to chime in that 45 million with 50% motility seems very high to me. (My donor is sometimes as low as seven million with 55% motility, and he's proven... my partner conceived our daughter with him.)

Hopefully you're doing well in the TWW and have good news shortly.