Monday, April 27, 2009

today was not the day....

I called the Dr's office at 8:15 and was told to come in..at the office I was put up the a monitor that measured R's HB and my contractions. And yes the contractions were about every 7 to 9 min...some time every 5 min. After 1/2 hrs I had dilated from a 2 to a 3 so the Dr. C (sub for Dr L who had surgeries today) sent me the hospital. At the hospital Dr. L came in to check me...she agreed that I had was dilated and contracted but she was concerned that my cervix was still pretty "thick" and R was still at a -3.... I was feeling the contractions more (pain about 5-6)but as a contraction stopped I felt no pain. Dr L wanted to monitor me for a couple more hours and made plans to check me after her last surgery of the day. Two hr's later she came in and checked me again...still the same..cervix had not thinned out..at that point she gave the option of staying and giving me pitosin to induce or sending me home. N and I had discussed the possibility earlier and decided that we both want R to come when he is ready and it looked like today he was not. Dr. L std she agreed w/our choice.

So we are back at home waiting...my contractions have slowed down..but as Dr. L said things could change tonight or tomorrow. I know we made the right choice..but wish today had been the day.

N was wonderful at the hospital. She took such good care of me by making sure I was comfortable and taking care of myself. She helped through the uncomfortable contractions by timing them and reminding me to concentrate on my breathing. While at the hospital N's sister T came to give moral support. It was an eventful day..we shall see what up next.

1 comment:

Melissa "Baby House" said...

I am so excited for you, I have pinpricks of tears in my eyes. Your beautiful baby will be here in no time! I guess your little one decided not to brave the bad weather! <3