Wednesday, April 1, 2009

35 weeks and counting down

The last five weeks have been very eventful.
Recap...Roman's is going right on track...his movements are so much more defined and at time uncomfortable. Gone are the days of flutter and now i have large sensations of twist and turns. The movements feel so big..it amazes me that the baby books says he weighs about 4/12 lbs right now..when it feels so much bigger. The last two ob visit registered his HB at 160 (32 week visit) and HB 142 at the (34 week visit). My blood pressure and protein check all looked great.

I've been sick w/allergies and a cough the last 4 weeks. Norm has about had it with my runny nose and the "honking" sounds I make when I blow...I finally went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed w/a sinus infection. So I'm on antibotic and taking a cough suppressant. I stayed home from wrk today b/c i was feeling so sick and achy..but I will be back tomoorrow. My goal it to work up until it's time...so I'm praying everthing wrks out that way.

Norm and I decided to have a 4d sono done of Roman...well after two tries so far we have had not luck to get a good look at our little guy...both times he has been facing my spine w/his head down. On the bright side, we've been told that this is th best position for a baby to be in...but it doesn't make for good pics. So far the only good pic we have of him is of his "package"...that we can see as clear as day. :-). I going in for a 3rd try on 04-09-09 at my 36 wk appt..plesae wish us luck.

We suffered a huge loss in our family. Norm's 83 yr old grandmother, Wella, died Sunday March 22. She had been ill so the family was preparing but really nothing prepares you for lossing someone you love so much. Norm lost her father at age 4 and her grandfather while she was still pretty young..so all her life she was raised by her mom and Wells. The family is going to miss Wella so much. She was the strong, firm, loving woman who welcomed and loved everyone that came into the family. Before she got ill she loved to relax a local cantina and have beer and grito. When Norma was young she would go w/Wella to the cantina and drink coke and eat chips while Wella visited w/friends for a bit. They never stayed long and we always home well before it got dark. This is a memory Norma cherishes b/c this was their time together. We love you Wella.

We had a baby shower this past Sat, March 28...it was so nice. We had considered postponing the shower due to Wella's passing but Norm did not want to reschedule. So after a long busy week..we had out baby shower. I'm hoping to post some pics if we can get a copy. We had about 30 plus people come over for games, food, margaritas, and fun. Norm sister, Dianne and family friend, Gloria did an amazing job of planning and preparing the food, and decorations for the event. We are so luck to have them in our lives. Roman is going to have some pretty amazing "Tia's"....It was a collaborative effort from all our family. Thank you guys for everything..we love more than words can say.

1 comment:

R said...

Can't believe how quickly the time has gone... just 5 weeks left? But really you could go before then!! That's just madness!! So excited!! Can't wait to see him!!!