Monday, June 8, 2009

Roman 1 month old


Things have been so crazy this first month. we have been adjusting to the lack of sleep and existing on Roman time. On average he eats about every three to four hours at the beginning he sleep in between feedings but in the last few weeks he is up for a large part of the day..which is great. Norm went back to work after one week at home..and her mom stayed w/us for the whole month of May which was such a blessing. But as of last Monday Norm and I have been on our own..and I think we are manageing well.

I tried breastfeeding Roman the first three weeks at home. There were always problems w/my milk supply and Roman not wanting to latch to my breast. It was just me trying to figure this out and I always felt like I was on my own. Norm many times after hearing Roman cry for so long would tell me to just give him a formula bottle and I always gave in. I know that's my number one mistake for breatfeeding no working. I feel like a failure for letting my baby down. My nipples no match when put to the test to easy to suck bottle nipples...of course Roman preferred those b/c he didn't have to wrk so hard to get a meal in. So his a formula baby now. And he is thriving. He is up to 10 lbs 13 ounces.

He is up from his nap..will write more later.

Here is a pic of him at one month

No comments: